- Go to extension -> modules- > (if the menu module you want to change already exists open that module. If it does not create a new menu module with the name you want to call it.)
- One the module is open, select the options tab.
- First select the position you want the menus to appear on the page. I usually select position 1.
- Still on this page select yes to show sub-menus if you are going to have sub-menus.
- At the bottom of the list click on the link advanced options.
- In menu class suffix type " nav-pills" Be sure to place a space before the n. Do not include the quotes
- This will allow the menu and category associated with this menu module to appear horizontally along the top the page.
The prostar template does not support sub-sub- menus.Comments (0)
Hiding the Subcategory links on the front page bottom
To hide the subcategory word and subcategories on the bottom of the page is done in menus. Go to main menu -> i.e. tech notes (top menu for subs). Once open click on the tab Advanced Options -> Category Options -> Sub category levels chose none. This will hide the bold words at the bottom of the page Sub categories and each sub category. It will still drop-down on the top menu.
When there are more articles then will appear on a page for a given menu the next pages' article titles will appear as links on the bottom of the page. If you do not want this list of articles at the bottom of the page go to the menu item ->advanced options -> blog layout -> number of links = 0. This will remove the list of articles at the bottom of the page. BUT do make sure that pagination is set to show. This will allow the visitor to move from one page of articles to the next under that menu.Comments (0)
Feature Article on Front Page
For the feature article to show on the front page the menu item type must be set to feature article.Comments (0)
Changing Article Order on the Page
Sometimes you want to change the order of appearance of your articles. To do that go to content -> article manager. Where the Title tab shows click on the down arrow. Choose ordering. Then go the the three dots in front of each article. You can move the articles up or down by holding the left mouse button down and dragging the articles up or down in the list.Comments (0)
Category not showing on web site
Categories do not show on the public area. Only the menus show in the public area. Once a category is created it need to be attached to a menu for it to show on the web site. If an article is attached to a category that does have a menu it will not appear on the site.
Categories show on the backend of the site. Menus show on the front end of the site.Comments (0)